Chaos Software and Asynthetic release Pdplayer 1.0.2
Sofia, Bulgaria – June 11, 2009
Chaos Software and Asynthetic announced the release of Pdplayer 1.0.2, a professional image sequence player and viewer for the 3D, CG and VFX industry. The new upgrade adds support for stereoscopic playback, EXR and VRIMG image layers, and versioned footage.
Pdplayer 1.0.2 is free to existing Pdplayer customers and is available for download from http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html.
"We were seeing more and more studio pipelines using layered EXR files as a convenient container for render elements and stereo footage," said Peter Dimov, co-founder and CTO of Asynthetic. "With our latest development, our customers are now equipped with a convenient and powerful tool for previewing and manipulating layered and stereoscopic sequences."
What’s new in Pdplayer 1.0.2
New Pdplayer 1.0.2 features include:
- • Built-in anaglyph and interlaced stereoscopic support
- • Support for EXR and VRIMG image layers
- • Support for versioned footage
- • Updated license server
- • Various minor improvements
More information is available at http://www.pdplayer.com/what_is_new_in_1_0_2.html.
Pdplayer is the professional tool of choice for image sequence playback, review and manipulation. It features
- • Support for industry standard file formats including EXR, HDR, DPX, CIN, TGA, SGI, IFF, PIC and VRIMG;
- • The ability to color-correct and compose multiple layers in real time;
- • A 64 bit version, not limited to 2GB or 4GB;
- • Support for 3D lookup tables (LUTs);
- • Layer-based cache allowing instant feedback without reload;
- • Extensive command line support for pipeline integration;
- • Video input layer allowing on-set grading;
- • External output to Bluefish444, Blackmagic Decklink, NewTek VT and IEEE1394/Firewire;
- • Ability to export a composition to The Foundry® Nuke and Adobe® After Effects®.
A limited trial version is available for download from Chaos Software: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html.
For any inquiries regarding Pdplayer please contact:
Asynthetic Ltd. is a software development company whose founders have a combined experience of over 15 years in the broadcasting, VFX and high reliability software fields. For more information, please visit http://www.asynthetic.com.
About Chaos Software
Chaos Software Ltd. is a leading provider of software solutions for the VFX and visualization industries. Its flagship product, the V-Ray rendering engine, now on the market for more than 9 years, has recently been complemented by the revolutionary real-time preview renderer V-Ray RT. Visit Chaos Software at http://www.chaosgroup.com.